cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSP not displaying

Rich Chodacki
Occasional Advisor

SSP not displaying

I have an issue using ACU to display the SSP information for an MSA 1000. Up until recently, I could manage the storage unit fine with the ACU. But on this particular MSA, when I try to configure the SSP information, the screen comes up blank. A refresh brings up the "controller is locked" message. All of the other MSA's are working fine within ACU.
Any ideas why this is occuring.
3 REPLIES
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Re: SSP not displaying

Hi Rich,

Check if you have ACU running on any other server attached to the MSA.
The newer versions have a timout 'feature' (which is a pain to be honest)
Even when you shut ACU when two instances have been running at once (on servers looking at same SAN) you have to wait 1hr before it unlocks itself!

Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
Rich Chodacki
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply Mark. In this case I checked back after a weekend and I was still getting a blank screen. But your comment made me wonder if I could connect via ACU on another host... that did the trick! I was able to load the SSP data.
After closing ACU on the secondary host, I attempted to connect back via the original host and load the SSP data, but had the same result - blank screen.
So it appears to be an issue with the 1st hosts ACU installation. I'll check into that.
Thanks!
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

No problems Rich.
I wouldtry upgrading the ACU on the host where its not working. Latest edition either on the web or a SmartStart 7.8, 7.9 CD

Dont forget to assign some points!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)