ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752452 Members
6390 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: STOP: 0x0000001E in ntoskrnl.exe

Shawn_115

STOP: 0x0000001E in ntoskrnl.exe

I have two ISA servers ML530 running Windows 2000 Advanced Server, SP4 with all latest MS Updates and running PSP 7.40a. This is becoming quite a pain as the error is happening quite frequently.

Any help would be appreciated. I've attached a screen cap of the Stop Message.
11 REPLIES 11
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Try to use
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192463/
to match the exception address to the driver name.
If you be able to determine faulty driver - you have chance.
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

stop 1e (AKA KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) means something in the kernel did something it shouldn't have, and the system doesn't know how to handle it.

start with drivers, 90% of kernel problems are drivers, update any need ones and remove any you don't use.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Shawn_115

I've tried the dumpchk / pstat but everything just points back to the kernel. So I am at a dead stop as there is nothing in MS Knowledge Base nor have I been able to find anything in HP's website.

While I agree it's probably a driver, there has to be a way pin point it. These are production servers and I don't have the ability to take them offline uninstall all the drivers and re-install the support pack *hoping* that fixes the issue.

Any further suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.
Shawn_115

Oh I have updated the firmware using the Firmware CD, but the only thing that updated was the hard disk firmware because all other firmwares were up to date.
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

What (if any) antivirus are you running? Some obsolete scanners can do this.

Are you using Veritas backup exec? There are known issues there.

If you say two different servers are doing this, it is most likely related to some piece of software you are running.

To be safe, it may be worth launching the Insight Offline Diagnostics and checking the hardware.
Shawn_115

I am running the latest version of Symantec Anti-virus Corporate Edition. (10.0.1.1000) and I am running zero backups on these servers (that sounds scary, but it's not).
Cory Berends_1

Shawn were able to figure this out. I have 12 Citrix servers that do this to me as well. All HP BL30p. The only thing I can see if that I have Symantec Antivirus Corporate Editon like you do.

Thanks
Cory B.
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Try disabling hyperthreading option in the bios.
If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.