ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748140 Members
3568 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: STOP D1 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after launching SMH when using SiL 3132 eSATA

_Jim_
Occasional Contributor

STOP D1 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after launching SMH when using SiL 3132 eSATA

I am able to re-create this BSOD on two different ProLiant servers (DL320 G6 and ML350 G5).  The issue occurs with the following combinations:

O/S of Windows Server 2008 Standard or Windows Server 2008 Foundation (patched w/ SP2 and all Windows updates as of 8/12/2010)
HP PSP 8.50 applied
All applicable firmware updates applied (using HP Firmware 9.10B DVD)
Silicon Image 3132-based eSATA controller (I have tried both an Addonics and SIIG PCIe controller) w/ current drivers and firmware as of 8/12/2010
External SATA hard drive connected to the controller and powered on; hard drive must have a volume on it (I have tried both NTFS and EXT2)

To cause the BSOD:  simply sign in to the HP SMH (System Management Homepage).  The server will usually bluescreen as soon as the SMH page tries to display....I have noticed that the server needs to have been up for a few minutes first...doen't always happen immediately after a reboot.

I see this as a Silicon Image issue, but have found no resolution, as I am using the latest drivers and firmware for the eSATA controller (and everything else).  I have not attempted to engage Silicon Image, Addonics, SIIG, nor HP support.

I have not been able to reproduce this problem when running Windows Server 2008 R2, and that is our current workaround.
1 REPLY 1
CurtisMartell
Occasional Advisor

Re: STOP D1 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after launching SMH when using SiL 3132 eSATA

Saw your post. We have having this same issue wiht Addonics controllers and the System Management Home page. The only workaround we have so far is to change out the controller to one with a different chipset. It's the Sil 3132 driver that is crashing.