5219 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: STOP messages on Dual CPU Systems

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

STOP messages on Dual CPU Systems

Hello,

We have 4 Compaq proliant systems, 3 with dual CPU and 1 with single CPU. On the systems with dual cpu we get different stop messages (oxA, 0xE, 0x1E, 0x7A and 0x7E). Because the systems have 768 MB memory and less memory free on C:, we can't save debug info. I saw the last STOP error was 0xA in HAL.DLL. We get these STOP erros approx 2 times a month on each system. The single CPU system has no problem (this system is used as file and print server and exchange server). The dual CPU systems are used as application servers with Citrix metaframe 1.8. All systems have terminal server SP6 and metaframe SP2. There are also reboots with no stop messages, these are logged in the event log with event ID 4203. All other reboots are logged with event ID 4188.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Peter Hazelaar
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: STOP messages on Dual CPU Systems

Peter,
I looked up Event ID 4188 and 4203 in MS Technet and found NO information.
Because the problem occures in Hal.dll, i would try to reseat the processor and Voltage Regulator modules in the suspect units. There are only 6 files that change when the Multi-Processor HAL is installed and this is one of them.
Along similar lines you could manually extract all 6 files from the appropriate service pack and copy them to the unit. These files are listed in Q156358 at support.microsoft.com