108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SUSE 9 on DL320 G3 with H/W RAID

SOLVED
Go to solution
Supportdesk_3
Advisor

SUSE 9 on DL320 G3 with H/W RAID

We are trying to install SLES9 on a DL320 G3 with Hardware RAID enabled. When we come to partitioning the disks it says: no disks found!

So, I found and downloaded the 'aarich-...' rpm for SLES9. Unfortunately, the only information provided on the site is how to use this driver on an existing SLES9 installation (ie upgrade or install the driver), but I need this driver during the initial installation (ie as a driver update disk).

I placed the driver on an USB stick but alas, SuSE could not find any updates on it.

I think the USB-stick must be prepped in a special way, but I have no clue how.

Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SUSE 9 on DL320 G3 with H/W RAID

You needed to scroll down further to where it says "Software - Drivers", http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22338.html in particular.

This is the installation-driver-diskette that you'll need to install on the controller.

It's a raw diskette image that needs to be written to a floppy (or used as a virtual-floppy through ILO). There are instructions there on how to use it.
One long-haired git at your service...

I had the same problem trying to install Red Hat ES 3.5 (my topic was "DL320 G3 Red Hat and RAID Controller")
Dowloaded the driver diskette, transfered it to a floppy using dd, loaded the driver (aarich ...) at the begining of the installation process ...
... and still the message "no diskk found" when it's time to create partitions !

So I have installed my machine without RAID for the moment and I'm waiting HP to announce "Red Hat being supported on DL320 G3 SATA RAID" (pending support for 2 month)

- notices that when installing Win 2003 the driver used is called aarich toooooooooo

Let me know if you have success (i will be noticed by mail when answers to this topic)
Thank's
Supportdesk_3
Advisor

Found it using the diskette, after getting the right one from HP support.

Regards,

Richard