1752781 Members
5741 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Scsi Controller Issue

tripper91
Frequent Advisor

Scsi Controller Issue

I have a 5200 SCSI controller card running on a ml370 g2. When i plug the hard disks into it through the cage, smartstart doesnt recognise any boot controllers and the server doesnt load the OS. Is there anything specific to look out for e.g. lights. Any suggestions are appreciated,

thanx in advance!
6 REPLIES 6
Prabhulj
Valued Contributor

Hi,

5200 Controller, I guess its Smart array 53XX controller.

Boot the Server and go to BIOS F9 RBSU
Check the "Boot controller Order" and change it accordingly and then try.
Hope this helps

Regards,
Prabhu

tripper91
Frequent Advisor

yeah soz 5300 card. nop that didnt work,i think the card may be broken because it sometimes displays a couple of yellow lights, but if i push the card around a bit 5 blue led's will light up and the yellow ones will stop. but kno matter what lights of displayed when the server boots, "No scsi boot device found". Is my card broken? in smartstart no card is detected and in ACU no cotroller is recognised. By the way wat is a host bus adapter, thanx!
David Paris_1
Frequent Advisor

One question the smart start don├В┬┤t recognized the controller after you plug the disks or on boot the system board doesn├В┬┤t recognized the controller???
tripper91
Frequent Advisor

yeah both because when i boot the server with the card attatched to the drives, it says no SCSI devices found and in smartstart there is no device in ACU.
David Paris_1
Frequent Advisor

Well i believe that the controller is damaged or the pci slot of your system board.
Try to change first the controller 5xxxx
tripper91
Frequent Advisor

yeah hopefully getting a new 1 soon!