1752657 Members
5696 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Seagate HDD

Jens K├╝hn
Occasional Advisor

Seagate HDD

wir haben 2 Server die offensichtlich von dem Seagate-Problem mit den HDD's betroffen sind.

http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931

Wenn man die SN checken will, dann wird man jedoch auf den OEM-Partner verwiesen. Der HP Support ist jedoch wenig hilfreich und spricht davon, dass man sich auf der Treiberseite f├╝r die Updatebenachrichtigung registrieren sollte ... und das wars.

Weder gibt es einen genauen Test ob die Laufwerke betroffen sind und wenn ja, wann es eine Abhilfe gibt.

ist jemand von euch da schon weiter und hat n├дhere Informationen?

Irgend wie schlaf ich nicht gut, wenn ich im Hinterkopf habe dass beide RAID-Platten beim n├дchsten Neustart sterben.

vg jens
4 REPLIES 4
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Google translation:

We have 2 servers are obviously from the Seagate problem with the HDD's are affected.

http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931

If the SN wants to check, you will be limited to the OEM partners referenced. The HP support, however, is unhelpful and speaks of the fact that we are on the driver page for the update notification should register ... and that's it.

Neither is it an accurate test if the drives are affected and if so, when there is a workaround.

is someone of you already, and has more information?

Eventually, as I did not sleep well, if I have in mind that both RAID disks die at the next reboot.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

HP has it's own testing and firmware for all HP branded drives. The HP drives might not even be effected. If your drive was effected, HP's latest firmware should take care of it. Download the latest firmware upgrade CD from HP, and upgrade your system.

google translation

HP hat eine eigene Pr├Г┬╝f-und Firmware f├Г┬╝r alle Laufwerke der Marke HP. Der HP-Laufwerke k├Г┬╢nnen nicht einmal erfolgen. Wenn Ihr Laufwerk erfolgte, HP's neueste Firmware sollte sich darum k├Г┬╝mmern wird. Laden Sie die neueste Firmware-Upgrade-CD von HP und aktualisieren Ihr System.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
Jens K├╝hn
Occasional Advisor

[quote]HP has it's own testing and firmware for all HP branded drives.[/quote]

I know it is, therefore, denied yes Seagate at the moment any help

[quote]The HP drives might not even be effected. [/quote]
can be or not. But in a Server ... just wait? No!

[quote] If your drive was effected,[/quote]

The Seagate tools sit the examination at the moment because of the serial number of the OEM status. Where can I find a way at HP, to examine whether the drives are affected?

On 18.01.09 was a test on the Seagate Web site with SN HP still possible, it was a drive identified as affected.

[quote]Download the latest firmware upgrade CD from HP, and upgrade your system.[/quote]

I am not aware that this a new firmware for the disks contain. I was misled? Are you sure that this upgrade CD a new firmware for the disks contain?

sorry for my bad machine english,
I hoped that Germany is also concerned enough system and as a remedy would be known

vg jens
Jens K├╝hn
Occasional Advisor