1753943 Members
9166 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Send event notification by smtp

xabaras

Send event notification by smtp

I have a hp proliant ML150 with smart array E200

I want to send an email notification when a hd fail or when have an array critical event

I have installed the Array configuration utiliy and diagnostic utility but not I haven't find this option
8 REPLIES 8
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

If you built the server with Smart Start then you'd look at the HP Event Notifier.

But if you're going to manage a number of servers then you'll want to look at HP Systems Insight Manager.

That ties in with the HP Agents (installed as part of Smart Start) to process snmp traps sent from the agents that monitor the hardware.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you are after email notification only via SMTP, then the utility you need is called "Event Notifier" which is located under Start/Programs/HP Management Agents/Event Notifier Config.

In this utility you enter your email address and IP of your server that provides the SMTP functionality (either native or via relay agent) and you can filter on which alerts you want to see emails about.

If you install the Insight Agents on your server, this utility comes with it i think.

HTH

Kris
xabaras

I have a hp proliant ml150 but into support cd not have "Insight agent" and ) don't find it in Hp website
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

hmm, looks like the ML1XX series don't have Insight Management Agents like the ML/DL 3xx/5xx and 7xx series have.

So there is no out of the box SMTP utility provided by HP for those entry level servers it seems ... i'm not very familiar with those 1xx series.

Kris
Bastian Maeuser
Occasional Advisor

In case you're running linux, I wrote some little Shellscript which is run by CRON and regulary checks if there's something unusual on the Controller...

Which OS do you need this for?

sincerly,
BAstian
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

This feature is not available for the ProLiant 100 series.
Bastian Maeuser
Occasional Advisor

Doesn't hpasm run on 100 Series at all???
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

No.