7415 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Seriouys POST Errors

Julian Southern
Occasional Advisor

Seriouys POST Errors

Hi

Apologies for posting again, put it in the wrong thread.

I'm getting the following post boot up errors on the array controller on our exchange server!!

1792-Slot 1 Drive Array - Valid Data Found in array accelerator. data will automatically be written to the drive

1794-slot 1 drive array - array accelerator battery cahrge low
array accelerator posted-write cache is temp disabled
array accelerator batteries have failed to charge and should be replaced

1779-slot drive array - replacement drives detected or previously gfailed drives now appear to be operational
select F1 to continue and drives will be disabled
select F2 to accept data loss and to re-anble logical drives.

If i press F1 it just doesnt boot as its the drives with the OS on.

Should i press F2?

Many Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
S_Twist
Advisor

Wich type of raid was configured on this controller?
I think is Raid-1(Mirror)or Raid-5 if is true?
and no problems by pressing f1 you may pres f2 no changes will be made just data stored in cashe of storage controllers will be lost.
And please replace batteries on th controller.
Julian Southern
Occasional Advisor

There are three drives in the system configured as RAID 5.

I am reluctant to press F2 in case of data loss and the system not coming back up again.

Just to give you a little bit of history, a drive went down on Monday and was replaced Tuesday. That drive failed around 20:00. It was again replaced today at 11:00, rebuilt, then went down again a few hours later. Maybe an hour or so later all drives in the system failed and the system crashed.

Should the battery be replaed before pressing F2?

Many Thanks
George Liu_4
Trusted Contributor

If you are not sure the previous raid rebuilt was finished. You'd better to replace the battery first.
I worry you have to rebuild the RAID after the battery replacement
S_Twist
Advisor

After raid is fail you are do cold restart?
If so, i think no difference when you are replace batteries before or after, data stored in cashe already corrupted.
esalah

Press F2 to Accept data loss and continue.

boot into windows then run chkdsk to make sure that the journaling system is sync with the NTFS filesystem. if evreything went ok check furhter to see if exhange complains about the mailstores databases. if evreything is still good you are saved otherwise restore the mailstores from good backups.

Once exchange is running with no problem, take a time in the weekend to run the HP Array Diag from the start menu, under system tools. and send the resulting txt file to HP for furhter analysis if the server is still under warranty, you can always post the results back to this forum if you like.

last note: for the data loss on the POST msg this is the data that was in the controllers' cache not the data on the drives. anything that was commited to the HDDs will not be lost.

good luck!
Salah
Scott A. Fog
Advisor

Make sure your controller has the latest firmware. I have had battery errors that were fixed with fw upgrade.
Julian Southern
Occasional Advisor

Have now got this back up and running.

Pressed F2 to accept data losses. How ever windows would not boot after that and I had to use the rcovery concole to get back into it.

Many Thanks for all your replies.

Julian
Julian Southern
Occasional Advisor

Rebuilt the arry and had to restore the default hive of the registry.