New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server 2003 r2 doesnt detect raid1 sata drives

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tech0
Occasional Advisor

Server 2003 r2 doesnt detect raid1 sata drives

Hi all,

How can I get Windows server 2003 x64 to detect the raid 1 array (sata) non hot swappable I made via hp embedded array on post. After 2003 boots and loads its drivers, it reaches point where it says sorry can't detect drives. How do I get the drivers loaded as the server only has 1 optical drive, it does have usb though and which driver to download. Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

when you installing Windows use F6 to load aditional driver, you need to create the driver on the floppy, and them load it.

there ale lot of links from ITRC :

for example :

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1258231388176+28353475&threadId=1029441

mikap
Tech0
Occasional Advisor

Hi thanks for reply

I will try to sliplstream the required driver into the Windows Installation becasue I do not have a USB Floppy and this needs to be accomplished now. Can you direct me to the driver that I will need for this Proliant DL 120 G5 server (The HP driver that will make Windows 2003 r2 x64 recognize the Raid 1 sata array).

Thanks in advance
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor
Solution

Tech0
Occasional Advisor

Thank u for leading me in right direction, I got through quite fine, but hope maybe MS would include these drivers at some point, especially as this adds a cost for those who don't have HP usb floppy or can't figure it out. Thanks again mikap ;)
Tech0
Occasional Advisor

personal slip streaming was the only way other than purchasing hp usb floppy drive
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you have ilo advanced pack activated on your server you will be able to mount the FDD/CD/DVD drive from yor computer.

mijap