cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Age

Philip Fisher
Occasional Visitor

Server Age

I have about 300 Prolient servers that I need to get a rough estimate of their production date. They range from Compaq DL1850R through the current production models. I know you can add 60 to the first 2 digits of the serial numbers to get the year for the older compaq systems, but that doesn't do me any good with the serial numbers that say start with CY....
If I go to the check warrenty page site, it requires the Product number of any server with a 10 digit serial number. I have HP SIM running but SIM doesn't provide product numbers. I don't need the exact date for each server, so if I could even find a rough production date for a piticular model, that would work.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Philip Fisher
Occasional Visitor

Re: Server Age

None of the servers have cpqdiag.exe loaded, so I guess I won't be running that 300 times to get the product numbers. I tried looking in the management home page in SIM for the product number. The closest thing I found was a product ID, but HP's warrenty look-up page is currently down so I can't try that number with the serial number to see if it's the right number.
I actually don't need the exact purchase date of each of the servers. I'd be happy with just a list of when the piticular models were sold. That would be close enough.
The models are: BL20P, DL100, DL140, DL145, BL145, ML150, 1500, 1850R, 3000, ML310, DL320, ML330, ML350, DL360 Gx, ML370 Gx, DL380 Gx, DL385 Gx, DL580 Gx

Thanks,
Phil
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I'm not too sure about the newer models, but for older servers with a 12-digit serial number, it's very easy to work out the production date. The 2nd digit is the year of manufacture (e.g. 9 for 1999, 1 for 2001), and the 3rd/4th digits are the calendar week (from 01 to 52). If you need to look fro product numbers, try product bulletin:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/QuickSpecs_Archives/QuickSpecs_Archives.html

Here you can get the Quickspecs of all products, current and retired. You coudl just pick a product number that's similar to your server and use that on the Entitlement page or the warranty check here in ITRC.

Regards,
Stephen

Just an idea . . .

Would it be possible to pull the Serial Number via a MIB OID? Then you could write a PERL (or VB) script and hit the IP addresses of the servers and capture the results in a text file. If SNMP could be used it would be a lot faster.

When I GET

On a ML370 G4 I do get:

USE445A0Y5

The actual serial number of this system is:

USE445A0Y5

I am interested if anyone can come up with a SNMP solution to this problem. Nobody would want to walk up to 300 devices to get printed numbers.

Hp has to have a better way.