4422 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server HP ML350 G5 boot problem

alalqmawy

Server HP ML350 G5 boot problem

Hi all,

After a power cut my server does not want to boot,

Problem description: When I switch on the server, the Smart Array controller can not be initialize. (Look pictures srv1, 2).

I get this error message.

1703-Slot 0 Drive Array Controller Failure (Controller self-test failure).

When I tried yesterday to create ADU report using smart start CD,the array configuration utility (ACU) did not detect my Smart Array E200i Controller. (Check images serv3, 4).

Picture serv5 = Smart Array Controller battery.

I got hints of HP support in Sweden to begin with update all the driver / firmware to the latest versions by SPP (Service Pack for Proliant).

*Know anyone what could be the problem on my server? And how can I resolve it?

2 REPLIES 2
PZel
Trusted Contributor

Probably your BBWC (the piggy board on your motherbrd SPN 413486-001)(last picture)   is died, but it can also be a motherboard problem.  Good Luck.

You can exchange it without loss of data (configuration data is on motherboard but also on disks).

PZ
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi there,

you could try few steps here:

• Power the server off.
  • Remove the cache module (if possible).
  • Power the server on.
  • Watch the screen and determine whether the POST error messages still appear. Clear the NVRAM using system maintenance switch and observe if POST error messages still appear.
  • in some cases, issue is resolved by replacing the battery-backed write cache (BBWC) module and battery pack assembly.

hope this helps,

cheers!

Ali

How to Say Thanks...Click on Star Kudos!

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo