Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Intial Configuration Information

rccmum
Super Advisor

Server Intial Configuration Information

Hello,

I was wondering about finding information about initial h/w and s/w configuration of a Proliant system when newly purchased like the one provided by Dell using a service tag.

Is there something like this available with HP Proliant system?. If yes, can someone point me to a web link?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES
rccmum
Super Advisor

Re: Server Intial Configuration Information

Anyone?
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Hi Rccmum,

You could get the h/w and s/w configuration from the HP Insight Diagnostics. The HP Insight Diagnostics is availabe both online and offline. Online version is available for server series 300 and above.

Previously this utility was also known as Survey Utility.

For more information please refer the below link: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpid/index.html

If PSP is installed in the server you could launch the HP Insight Online Diagnostics from Start -> Programs -> HP System tools -> HP Insight Online Diagnostics

or

Login into SMH and click the hyperlink HP Insight Online Diagnostics

Once this utility loads the "Survey Tab" gives the current information of the server. Use the summary or advance options to get basic or advance info.

Click on the "Compare Configuration Tab" to compare the original configuration with the current configuration. The changes would be hilighted. Also you could put a check for "View Changes only" to view changes done on this server.

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,
Raj.
rccmum
Super Advisor

Hi Raj,

I know that information. What I am looking for is the initial h/w information when the boxed was shipped first. This information is available from Dell and IBM.
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Hi Rccmum,

There is no weblink or other options to check what was the initial h/w configuration shipped from HP.

HP parts surfer will give you the different components that product could have. I know this is not what you are looking for, but it could be of help.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main

Put the product number under "By model number or name:" and click on the arrow and in the next page click on arrow "for all parts". This will gives all the parts that could be used for that product.

Also if it is a new product, in the quickspecs for that product it would give you the basic configuration the server would go with for that product number.

Regards,
Raj.