ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752603 Members
5476 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server ML150 G6 - boots but ends with 7 long beeps and dies.

brianwong

Server ML150 G6 - boots but ends with 7 long beeps and dies.

Hi guys,

Having an issue with the HP Proliant ML150 G6, whereby the server does not boot up. The fan starts up and then it proceeds to throwing a 7 to 8 long beeps or at least we think so. We are not sure because the server is not located on site(its in Canberra) and through a Skype video call, the beeps were more or less distorted due to the loud fan sound.

Initially, we were able to boot up in the morning but by 2pm, the server did not respond and upon restart, we hit this error.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi,

If you have configured iLO in this system, check the IML entries for any error messages?

looks like some loose connection internally or memory issue. Bring the server to bare minimum configuration and check.

Reseat internal components following the guidelines as per server maintainence and service guide.

Also take a look at this customer notice:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01717653

If still does not help, log a case with HP for further troubleshooting or part replacement.

hope this helps,

How to Say Thanks.... Click on STAR KUDOS

Cheers!

Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Smooshman
Occasional Visitor

Definetly 8 beeps i have the same problem accept it was working one day and i restarted it and the next day it didnt. i havent changed a thing it used to work its not the hard drive i have replaced them nothing comes up on the screen so is the mother bored fried? Please someone reply

look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9pDG4ygOs&feature=youtu.be