cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Memory

caqo
Occasional Visitor

Server Memory

Does these servers (ML, DL) works with non ECC Memory, or with no Registered memory?.

What about if I install some good corsair memory DDR2?.

Thanks
4 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Server Memory

Using Corsair's memory configurator, they don't even claim to support ProLiant servers.

If you don't want to use ECC memory, you shouldn't be considering enterprise-class server products like ProLiant.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

True David !

Cago, Buy Genuine HP Parts; For better Functionality of your ML, DL servers.(Even if it cost a bit more !)

Genuine Parts Ensure the Hardware to work as it is designed to be; Fake/Non supported parts degrades performance.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi cago

also if you want hp support they dont support non hp hardware on the server that has not been tested on their server or is not supported on their server

if you want a list about hardware supported google for example

DL380 G5 quickspecs

(server model) + quickspecs

after that click on options link in the top
see here for instance
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12477_na/12477_na.html#Options

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
caqo
Occasional Visitor

First: Thanks you all for your replies.

Second: My nick is CAQO, not CAGO.

Third: I have to agree with you, it's obvious that HP produce parts for being used together as a system, and that ensure that all will work OK and efficiently, no doubt. BUT the question was simply, DOES the Proliant servers work With memory that is not from HP, or not ECC or registered. I'm not planning to buy a Proliant to use other memory than the server advises.

Thanks again.