1752780 Members
6391 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server Migration Pack - p2p Foundation Agents

defuseme2k
Occasional Contributor

Server Migration Pack - p2p Foundation Agents

We recently just moved a dl30g3 to a dl385g2. We're attempting to move a domain controller so that we do not have to mess with the all the hassle, such as a swing migration might require.

I've figured out all of the problems except for the Foundation Agents, event id 3072 error in the event log. I've redployed the newest support pack (included on the smart start 7.8 cd). The event occurs every 2 minutes to the second. The message from within the event:

"Component: Software Version Agent
Error: Could not read from the registry sub-key.
Cause: This error can be caused by a corrupt registry or a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error."

I do not believe there is any registry corruption, however I exclude no possibilities.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Jodi Funderburk

I have recently purchase the P2P Migration Pack and I trying to migrate from a ML530 G2 to a DL380 G5. This server is my domain controller and I am having the problem of the migration getting into a continous check disk and timing out. Did you run into this problem?
defuseme2k
Occasional Contributor

Did you launch the agents while in directory services restore mode? If you did, then I'm not sure whats going on, I didn't have that issue.
Jodi Funderburk

I recently found my problem and I am working to get it fixed so that I can try again. I was booting into Director Services Restore Mode and it looked as though it went completely through the migration and the check disk and was failing at the driver injection screen but really it was never getting past the Check Disk area. I did not realize there was a log file on the application server that showed me exactly where is was failing until I talked to the right HP support person. I have to run a disk defrag to clean my disk up before the check disk will run successfully.
leibhold
Advisor

Did this work - I am stuck in a loop of disk checks.
Defraged the source and ran chkdsk all ok but the mirgration stops at the chkdsk.
Kimmo Karhu

p2p seems to be quite problematic. I have tried to use it on several different servers and it always loops with chkdsk after moving data to new proliant. After hours of chdsk running it just ends with an error that it could not inject boot disk with drivers.
Is there anyone who has successfully moved a server (not HP server) to proliant?
And yes, I have checked the support matrix and all hardware and os are on support list.
Moindardt

I just moved a Intel based whitebox server to an ML370G5. I had an older copy of the software which wouldn't let me transfer a domain controller so I migrated PDC to the TS (another intel whitebox) server. Then I realised the new version of the software would but I had already removed active directory. Transfer went like a charm after that. Had transferred, re-installed active directory and reconfigured as PDC in about 5 hours.

However, I am now trying to migrate the TS box to another ML370G5 and getting the same problem with chkdsk. I am waiting on a hotfix from M$ (has to do with Windows 2003 Server and security tokens or something like that) and I will update in a couple of days when I try again.