8178 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server Proliant ML110 G2 don't accept SATA Hard Disk

Infra-NE
Occasional Advisor

Server Proliant ML110 G2 don't accept SATA Hard Disk

Hi,

I need to install a SATA Hard Disk on Proliant ML110 G2. The server has the conector, but in BIOS i can't access and change the SATA options, it's in gray color.

I tryed download the SATA Controller and install it on Windows Instalation, but doesn't work.

Does anybody knows how to change the sata options for BIOS recognize my Hard Disk?

Thanks!
Nélio
13 REPLIES 13
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Hi!

What kind of storage controller do you have in this server. Most of the times this server is shipped with a HP Single Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter (used with SCSI Models only) or Integrated 4 ports Serial ATA (used with non hot-plug SATA drive Models) Support for RAID 0, 1.

Go to phoenixBIOS setup by pressing F10 during POST, then go to Advanced/ Advanced chipset control and check if the Serial ATA is enable, it should be enable. After that you should be able to access the Array Configuration During POST. Go to the array and check if the hard drives are recognized.
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Infra-NE
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

The server has an external SCSI Controller, but the SCSI Hard Disk isn't working, so we decided to change it for a SATA Hard Disk.

To enter Bios Setup i press F2 during POST. Advanced Chipset Options has only options for VGA/LAN/USB onboard and ECC and SERR options.

The options for SATA is on ADVANCED root...

It's hard do explain... i'll try but tomorrow i'll bring my cam and will take a photo of the screen to show it.

The BIOS let me change only the options for PARALLEL ATA (options are: disabled, CHANNEL 0, CHANNEL 1 and BOTH).

Below options for PARALELL ATA is the option for SERIAL ATA that is disabled and i can't reach it on options to change for ENABLED.

What i have to do to enable the SATA option?
Infra-NE
Occasional Advisor

I'm sending the screen of the SATA options on BIOS.

The SATA options are inaccessible (in gray).

I just can change options of Parallel ATA and i've tryed all the options of Parallel ATA, but SATA isn't recognized.

Nélio
Infra-NE
Occasional Advisor

No answers about this? =(
Trevor Hannah

I've got exactly the same problem today, tried adding an additional disk but the option for SATA is greyed out.

Looking for a BIOS update or something now......
suhaasmh

Hi Nelio

Hope this Works for u!

During Power-On Self-Test (POST), press F10 to launch the BIOS Setup Utility (Phoenix BIOS).
On the Advanced Menu screen, select "Advanced Chipset Control."
Select the SATA Controller Mode Option >Enhanced field (defaults to "Compatible").
Select SATA RAID Enable >Enable.
Press F10 and select "Yes" to save the changes and close the BIOS Setup Utility.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi
do you have the product number for your server?

I have to check something about that server before give any recommendation
SCSI / SATA model

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Infra-NE
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

The information I get from server are:

S/N: C108LGRV4C
PID: 359663-201
Label Part No: 351575-001

Thanks!
Infra-NE
Occasional Advisor

Hi suhaasmh,

It doesn't work because the options of SATA are inaccessible (grayed out), as I showed on my 3rd post (attached).

Thanks!