1752721 Members
7333 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server Proliant ML350 G6 - Hard Disk issue

mfspini
Occasional Contributor

Server Proliant ML350 G6 - Hard Disk issue

We have a server Proliant ML350 working with 2 raid 5 (3 hard disk SAS MDL 6G DP 7.2K 500 GB spare: 508009-001 each raid)

In the las month 1 disk faild (amber led on) and 4 shows the alert that is going to fail soom (amler led blinking).

We bouth 4 new disk but I am not sure about intall new disks because I think that there is another problem and the new disk will fail too.

Any suggestion?

Should i replace the disks?

Should I look for another problem (power supply, disk controller card, etc...)

Thanks!

Mariano 

4 REPLIES 4
ilkyest
Occasional Contributor

If you use windows, try install "hd sentinel". I don't know if it supports SCSI, raid0 I know that don't, windows don't lets him access his HD

Or, use smartstart to verify your hds. I'd prefer format them slowly. PSU is, however not impossible, more difficult to trouble, cause another things will be seen like random lacks, or BSOD, or bad-functionly, or random errors, etc

mfspini
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your help.

I know that the disk where the amber led blinks has some parameter test out of range so the server inform that the disk will probably fail.

What I do not know is why this is happen.

RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

Could you upload an ADU report?
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
Sbrown
Valued Contributor

1. Backup first!

2. Check firmware for SMARTARRAY and DRIVES (!!) - but I do not suggest flashing either in a degraded or soon-to-be-failing pre-SMART state!

3. Rebuild array with new drives

4. Flash up to date the drives and smartarray (and bios) with SUM!