Super Advisor

Server crash - POST Error: 266-Non-Volatile Memory Corruption Detected

Hi Folks,

I've received this alert after hard resetting my server:

iLO 4 firmware:  2.74 May 08 2020
Server Model:  ProLiant Gen9
System ROM:    P89 10/21/2019

Error is shown by the BIOS boot:

POST Error: 266-Non-Volatile Memory Corruption Detected. Configuration settings restored to defaults. If enabled, Secure Boot security settings may be lost. Action: Restore desired configuration settings. Contact HPE if issue persists.

Integrated Management Log Severity: CAUTION

How to fix the issue above and what's the root cause?

Thanks.

Best regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: Server crash - POST Error: 266-Non-Volatile Memory Corruption Detected

Change the battery first, if issue persist, requesting you to log a case with the HPE Support Center for further troubleshooting and they would be able to help you out. 

I Haq
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

Refer to the HPE ProLIant Gen9 Troubleshooting Guide, section 'POST error messages > 200 Series', on page 58.

It indicates that to resolve the issue, please reset configuration settings different than the default settings. To do so, you may clear the server's NVRAM.

Reset the NVRAM to default using the BIOS utility, i.e. by pressing the F9 key during POST.

If the system will not boot, then use System Maintenance Switch, SW6, to reset the NVRAM.

A caution note while clearing NVRAM is that it deletes the configuration information. Refer to the server documentation for complete instructions before performing this operation or data loss could occur.

For more information, see the label on the server access panel or the relevant server user guide.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello,

1. please do reseat the DIMM and other components on the server

2. Please do restore to system default settings. [refer page 127]

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04398276

Thanks.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo