1753750 Members
5135 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server does not boot

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Server does not boot

When the server is turned on, all fans, tape drive and the CD-ROM are functioning, but the hard drives do not turn on, there is no display on the monitor and integrated management display module does not run through the post test. Any Ideas? All wires and boards have been checked.
7 REPLIES 7
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Server does not boot

I am having exactly the same problem tonight. It must be a common problem with a (hopefully) easy answer. If you find a solution i would appreciate the solution (rdavison39@bigfoot.com)
thanks in advance.....ron
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I may be experiencing a similar problem, I receive the same symtoms on a reboot though 21 minutes later( I have timed it and it always takes the same time) the server will start and load the operating system which then runs as normal. Currently I am patching up to the latest softpaq to see if this solves the problem though if anyone has another solution please let me know
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have the same issue, please could you inform me if you get an update.... I am going to see if I get get any info from comapq, i let you know!!! Regards, DAN
danny_rivers@hotmail.com
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

After updating the BIOS the server started to reboot unexpectivily, I applied the smart array flash upgrade to fix this. But the original problem of slow startup still exists. Compaq are replacing the main board... Will let the forum know what happens......George
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Problem appears to be with the System Board . Try removing any boards installed in the I/O slots , additional memory and hard drives to see if you get a display on the monitor .
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

OK, Our machine is now fixed, A Compaq engineer attended site yesterday and replaced almost every board in the server, This did not fix the problem.
He then replaced the LSD scene and cable to the mother board which was blank whenever the server started. And guess what, everything started worked fine. We then put all the original boards back into the server and its is still working great. I don't know how the LSD screen could affect the startup but replacing it certainly solved our problem...... Thanks everyone
Big George
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I had the exact same issue with my Proliant 5000. I replaced the hotpluggable power supply 's backplane and that did the trick. Hope this solution works for you.
K:)