Re: Server dose not boot from Hard disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
engmo83
Occasional Advisor

Server dose not boot from Hard disk

Hello

I have Hp dl380 G5.

I try to install win server 2003 or 2008 by using hp smart start cd and without it. but I got the same result.
 this error "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." appears when the installation wizard request to choose partition for OS.

in windows server 2003 installation afte ther first boot during the installation. when the server try to boot from hard disk to continue the installation I got this error "Non-system disk oe disk error"

It seems that the server can not boot from Hard Disk

I tried to change RAID configuration between 0  and 1 and the same result

Any idea to slove the issue ?

THanks,

3 REPLIES 3
waaronb
Respected Contributor
Solution

Windows 2008 will install onto a DL380 G5, no problem, even without the SmartStart CD (booting directly from the Windows DVD). That's actually how I prefer to do it and then install the HP tools later so I can pick which ones I really need.

You might check the boot order of your drives. Maybe try resetting the NVRAM on the system just in case.

With Windows 2003, you probably need to hit F6 or whatever during the setup and add the Smart Array driver. It wouldn't have any built in support for the P400i like Windows 2008 does.
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please try to create an offline acu report and attach it here. You can do that with the smart start cd.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
engmo83
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Clearing NVRAM slove the issue.

Thanks,

Mohammed