ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752749 Members
5028 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server hangs at blinking cursor before reboot.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Server hangs at blinking cursor before reboot.

Hello, I have a server issue that I cant seem to solve, I have a Compaq ProLiant 3000 (Piii 550 / Single CPU) with a SmartArray 431 (three 36 gig drives in Raid 1 + hot spare) and two dual nics (3131's) the system was built off smartstart 4.9 with windows 2000 server SP1 (sp1 already installed) everything works fine (including rebooting) until I install *anything* off the windows 2000 update site... after I do then the computer will not reboot. It starts to shutdown but at the point that the server should restart I get a blank screen and blinking cursor at the top left corner; with the only option of cycling the power on the server. I have rebuilt the server off the smartstart disk 7 times now... each time with different hardware changes ... all with the same result.

All the firmware is up-to-date and so are the drivers...

I'm all out of ideas, so if anyone out there can lend some advise; I'd really appreciate it.
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Server hangs at blinking cursor before reboot.

I have the same problem too, but it was solve by upgrading Sytem ROMpaq with SP15904 date 11/08/2000 and place the RAM as recommanded ordes, you can see that at top cover.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Server hangs at blinking cursor before reboot.

I am & Son, Closing the problem at June 15th,2001 with upgrade the last ROMpaq (P09), but this day (June 21th, 2001) my Customer Call again info the same problem ? What happens about it ?