8183 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server hidden hard disk viewing and detection

梁L
Occasional Visitor

Server hidden hard disk viewing and detection

年尾IT管理员突然离职了,可是没把服务器近期运作记录提交过来,请教一下,如何查询隐藏硬盘的备份记录。

有两台工作机,分别是HP ProLiant ML10 与  HP ProLiant ML30 Gen9,两台工作机都是做了双硬盘的,也均是把其中一个硬盘隐藏了起来做备份硬盘。

现在我需要查询该隐藏硬盘是否在正常运作以及备份情况需要如何操作查询呢,要是主硬盘出现故障又要如何把备份硬盘资料恢复出来,请各位能指教一下的,小弟不胜感谢。

Google Translated

At the end of the year, the IT administrator suddenly left the job, but did not submit the server's recent operation record, ask how to query the backup record of the hidden hard disk.

There are two working machines, HP ProLiant ML10 and HP ProLiant ML30 Gen9. Both work machines are dual hard drives, and one of them is hidden as a backup hard drive.

Now I need to query whether the hidden hard disk is in normal operation and how to operate the query in the backup situation. If the main hard disk fails, how to restore the backup hard disk data,

please advise, the younger brother is grateful.

1 REPLY 1
KK
HPE Pro

Re: Server hidden hard disk viewing and detection

Hello younger bro,

As you said, there are two hard drives in each server. It is possible that the hard drives are configured in RAID 1 mode which will reflect as single drive to the operating system.

You can reconfirm it from the iLO GUI under storage tab. If it is confirmed as RAID 1 configuration, then the backup i.e. both the hard drives have same data written.

In case if you still have doubts, please share the images from iLO GUI showing the storage information or raise a support ticket with HPE and we would help you.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo