5120 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server reboot due to over heating.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Francesco Santese

Server reboot due to over heating.

Hi, I have an ML350 G4p server, single processor, with Win2000 server SP4. The server is located in a room with max 25┬░/27┬░ Celsius and the space around the tower is free, without any obstacle. All the fans are mounted in the right way and are working regularly. The CPU temperature sensor read constantly a tempereture between 75┬░ and 79┬░ but the the heatsink does not seem to be so hot to the touch. The problem is that every time the CPU goes near 100% of usage, the temperature exceeds the threshold (80┬░C) and the system begin a shutdown.
HP tech support told me to upgrade BIOS and to install the latest support pack. I have done both but the problem persists.
What can I do? I need to replace the heatsink?
Thank's.
3 REPLIES 3
juan quesada
Respected Contributor
Solution

hi,

if latest FW BIOS and latest health managment driver is installed, you can re-apply thermal grease the the existing heatsink, most likely this will fix your issue (clear NVRAM if power cap is enabled in the BIOS)
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Yes, heatsink or the thermal grease is the way to go. Sometimes a plastic sticker is left between the heatsink and the processor causing in long therm these type of issues.

Thanks (Points are welcome)

\Carlo
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Francesco Santese

Thank to both for rapid reply: I'm going to re-open a ticket with HP tech support to discuss how can I do this type of operation!
I hope that this time I will resolv my problems!!!