4632 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server rebooted during array expansion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Josh Hardman

Server rebooted during array expansion

I have a proliant ml370 running a smart array 5i controller. I tried adding a 4th hard drive and while it was expanding the server got rebooted. Now it won't boot the OS (novell netware 6.5) correctly and the green led lights on all 4 drives keep flashing. They have been flashing for about 36 hours now. I am wondering if anyone knows if the expansion is still in process and that once they are done flashing I can reboot and it should be fine or if I have more problems than this. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Server rebooted during array expansion

boot through CD Smart start check the array status using the ACU

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

You can go to the array configuration utility on boot and check the status of the new drive which you added
one thing you can do is remove and add the drive again to the array and then try to boot,hope it should be fine.

Rgds

HGN
Josh Hardman

When I checked the array status it show's two logical drives. One says "Expanding" the other says "Needs Rebuilding". Sorry, I'm new at this. Any help would be appreciated.
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

The array rebuild time depends upon the size of the array and will run for hours if it is big. You might hav e to wait see what happens.

Rgds

HGN
Josh Hardman

Well, with time all was fixed. Thanks for the help.