1753869 Members
7163 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server rebuild

Paul Doyle_2
Occasional Contributor

Server rebuild

I am trying to re-build a Proliant 1600 that was given to me in pieces. This is my first attempt to assemble a server and need to know a few things, like where all the power and switch cables connect to on the motherboard (I have the maintenance and service guide, not much help). Also I need to install a processor terminator board, I have one from a Professional Workstation 5100 (part number 333115-001) and would like to know if this will work in the Proliant 1600. I am trying no to spend any money on this system right now because I don├в t even know if it works. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Pa
5 REPLIES 5
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Re: Server rebuild

First of all: what type of 1600 is it?
What's the serialnumber for instance?

Leon
Paul Doyle_2
Occasional Contributor

serial number: D837BWT10054
description: PL1600 6/400 512 Cache 64M RAM
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Ok,

You don't need a processor termination board for this one.
You should have the following boards in your system:
Backplane: 149046-001
I/O case/board 313621-001
Processorboard 313622-001
Processor power module 327660-001
The numbers mentioned above are sparepartnumbers #PN which should be located on the boards somewhere.
All the connectors from the psu for the systemboard need to go on the backplaneboard. So is the power switch connector. All this should be somewhere in the maint and serv guide.

See how far you can go with this info.

Leon
Leon
Paul Doyle_2
Occasional Contributor

You were right I had the wrong maintenance guide, everything I needed was there.But now when I start it I cant even get a POST, the fans spin a red light starts to flash in side right next to the cpu but thats it. I tried to reseat everything but it did not help. Any ideas what to try next?
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

-make sure your sw1 and sw2 settings are correct. See inside of sidepanel for this.
try to use 1 single dimm. What partnumber is there on the dimm? xxxxxx-xxx
Led A on the processor board should be steady on. I think there is a layout of the leds on the sidepanel too.
Make sure both cages are seated well. Some force might be needed to get them in place well. Don't use the plastic handles for this because they break quite easy.

Leon