1753846 Members
7725 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server shuts down after warm boot

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Server shuts down after warm boot

After warm booting the server, the OS begins to load and just before Windows appears (after Starting up... completes), the server will completely shut down. As if the power cables were both disconnected. This server has dual PIII 500 Xeon processors and 2GB RAM. Please advise soonest. Win2K Advanced Server SP 1 installed. Compaq Smartstart 4.9 with Cmpq Management 4.9 installed.
6 REPLIES 6
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Server shuts down after warm boot

i have the same problem
i have installed an extra power suply in the system , i have no 3 power suply's
we stopped also the compaq manag agents but this was not the problem
install the 3 power supply's in the system and you have no problem anymore
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I to have the same problem. I installed Windows 2000 Advance Server with SP1 and it ran fine. Until this morning when I rebooted the machine. Now I cannot get it to boot normally or in safe mode. However, I have another installation of advance server installed and can boot fine. Did a boot logging and am finding a lot of Compaq utilities are not loading. I know it is not related to power supply since I have three. Not related to fans since all of them are working. Not related to CPU's since they have been checked and are working fine.

Where does this lead me to, back to Compaq drivers no loading. So you may need to look at the boot log file to see. As for me, I may be having to re-install since Compaq told me to look at the fans first.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I to have the same problem. I installed Windows 2000 Advance Server with SP1 and it ran fine. Until this morning when I rebooted the machine. Now I cannot get it to boot normally or in safe mode. However, I have another installation of advance server installed and can boot fine. Did a boot logging and am finding a lot of Compaq utilities are not loading. I know it is not related to power supply since I have three. Not related to fans since all of them are working. Not related to CPU's since they have been checked and are working fine.

Where does this lead me to, back to Compaq drivers no loading. So you may need to look at the boot log file to see. As for me, I may be having to re-install since Compaq told me to look at the fans first.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Some (but not all) Compaq 7000 P43 System BIOS machines only are said to experience this problem. If yours does, please request SP16340 RomPAQ update from Compaq.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Rheim! SP16340 worked like a charm. Too bad the Compaq support engineers couldn't have told me about this a little earlier..
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem. It seemed to happen after updating the Compaq agents but I uninstalled them and it still is happening. I am running a 4 PIII 500 Xeon processors, 2 GB RAM. I installed with Smartstart 4.7 because I had problems loading (vfat error) with 5.1 and newer. I updated to 5.3 and started having problems - or so it seemed. I will try the softpaq. Hopefully it will work, I am on my third rebuild.