ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)

Setting up HP ML30 Gen 10

Raphael_George
Occasional Contributor

Setting up HP ML30 Gen 10

Thanks for all your replies. So I finally set my new HP proliant ml30 to boot via USB. And I used intelligent provisioning to start installing windows server 2019. I filled the forms on each page and started the installation.
However, it got to a point and popped up an error message like "activation not found" (I can't recall the exact words though)
And then it led me to command prompt screen and froze there for hours.
I got tired and turned it down. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
mysy
Valued Contributor

Re: Setting up HP ML30 Gen 10

my dl20 gen10 install win 2019 too, it working fine.

Suggest you only install the min hardware parts to see if problem still happen. normally the win server will not frozen after install.

KevinSpringPM
HPE Pro

Usually this means you need to update intelligent Provisioning, so run the latest SPP to update that and the rest of the system, then try again. I also think there are similar issues when using the trial version of Windows server where it's just not compatible with intelligent Provisioning and in that case you'd just boot directly from the USB. Both of these options assume the USB was created correctly and has no issues, so it's always good to double check the installation media as well.

I'm an HPE Product Manager

Accept or Kudo

ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please do perform an SPP update.

Also, please do reflash Intellligent Provisioning.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_eef93d679da84afd8794b87ce6

Thanks.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo