1752782 Members
5779 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setting up smart-2dh controller on Proliant 6000

Mark Reeves
Occasional Contributor

Setting up smart-2dh controller on Proliant 6000

I am at a loss here since I have never messed with this particular server and controller. This firm bought this older Proliant as a backup server for another office, 4 processors, 4-4.3 gig, and 4-9.1 gig drives for raid-5; shich will have Windows 2000 server installed on the first raid5, and their data on the second.

I have hunted and hunted on the site for the array setup program so I can setup the drives, with no sucess. The place they got the server from is supposed to be getting me the files tommorrow, but I want to start setting it up today.

Feel free to e-mail direct to clubwin7@mnss.com
8 REPLIES 8
Geno Church_1
Valued Contributor

Here is a link to the config guide....stil looking for the program....

http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?source=295469-002.xml&dt=264
Geno Church_1
Valued Contributor

Here you go bro....Here is the link to all the drivers for the Proliant 6000 running Windows 2000.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1107.html
Geno Church_1
Valued Contributor

Specifically....

The driver you want is under...

Software-Storage Controller and DAAD is the driver I believe that will do the trick.
Mark Reeves
Occasional Contributor

What I really need it the setup util before the OS is even loaded. So far I cannot find it, so I cannot set it up.
Mark Phelps

From the previous note, this specific link makes the floppies to update the card. It's the set I used, (took some work) to get SMART-2DH to work with the Proliant 6000.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14694.html
Mark Reeves
Occasional Contributor

I still cannot setup the controller. The system is saying that I need to run the ADU, which I have, BUT it only runs under Windows. I am begining to thing that what I should do it load an IDE or single scsi drive with Win95, just to setup the array. I know there is a util to setup a fresh array, with new drives, which is what I need.
ernst limbrunner
Trusted Contributor

hi mark

1) you can run ACU (array configuration utility) from any smartstart cd (directly)

------------------------------------------

2) you should upgrade the firmware of your smart controller (diskette image is available via hp internet site)

-------------------------------------------

3) completely reset your smart controller

this can be done by running the diskette version of ERASER (do not use a smartstart 6.x or 7.x version as it does NOT delete array settings)

IMPORTANT: remove your disks before erasing the system.

-------------------------------------------
best regards
ernesto
Mark Reeves
Occasional Contributor

Finally got the software I needed to setup the array, also the eraser util, which wiped out all the info on all the drive, which is what I needed. I sure wish that hp/compaq would make it easier to find the stuff, it was really hidden, took a call to them to track it down, the tech took 20-25 minutes to find it himself.

As for the CD, if I had it, it would not have been a problem.