1753879 Members
7612 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Setup From Scratch

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Setup From Scratch

Have just acquired prosignia 200 233/6 with 192mb RAm and 2 SCSI HDD, apparently Apart from second HDD, server is as delivered in '97??
PROBLEMS: Machine has no system configuration (pressing F10 @ prompt during POST does nothing) both Hard disks are blank as far as i'm aware. Am trying to install NT4 server. Have a smartstart "bootable" CD which doesnt boot.
Have now managed to get a download from you and have updated BIOS and also got some updated system configuration utility from your download site.
HOWEVER; On Booting from NT4 floppies can now get boot process to recognise the CDROM drive (pressing F6 etc etc..... swapping nt4 boot disks 2 and 3 till my fingers are blue and using the ATAPI.sys from the SP4) but cannot find which SCSI controller controls my HDD. I have tried all on the list provided during NT4 setup (pressing S) i have no other driver disks. I have downloaded the only one i could find on your site, an adaptec, but to no avail. Where o where can i get a driver to download?
1 REPLY 1
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Setup From Scratch

the driver for the SCSI controller should be on the second diskette called CPQ32FS2.
If you need assistance please e-mail me and I'll either call you or send you the proper files.
Mark.cloutier@HP.com
We are here for a good time, not a long time!