4398 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setup error w/Server 2008 & Smartstart

Rick Curtis_3
Advisor

Setup error w/Server 2008 & Smartstart

I've run into this twice now...

Smartstart 8.1 32 bit, trying to install Server 2008 Standard 32 bit.

I get all the way past copying/expanding files, etc down to the last item "Completing Installation". I get a popup saying:

"Windows could not parse or process unattended answer file. [C:\Windows\Panther\unattend.xml] for pass [specialize]. A component or non-list setting is specified more than once in the answer file."

I'm not doing anything other than trying to do a standard SmartStart install...not doing anything with a custom unatten file.

Installing from standard Microsoft DVD media...used the "/mount/dvd" entry at the browse for flat file prompt.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Rick Curtis_3
Advisor

Sorry...

DL380 G5 hardware!
KJohnsonCDA
Occasional Advisor

Getting the same error using smart start 8.0 32 bit, installing to a DL320 G4. This is off a server 2008 32 bit ISO mounted over the network.
Srinivas Suddapalli
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

Installation of windows 2008 sometimes has this issue.

Best way: workaround for the same would be:

1. Delete and recreate array.
2. Start with windows 2008 disk and complete installation.
3. When on desktop - Using server features install and configure SNMP service.
4. Insert the smartstart > 8.0 and do an express installation to get the server work.

Regards,
Srinivas S
Kensy2
Frequent Advisor

hi

2 things be sure you are using a W2008 DVD which is only x32 or x64 what I mean is SmartStart CD does not support CDs or DVD with different Windows versions like All in One or something similar

if not your case be sure your SNMP settings during SmartStart configuration are different words I mean the private and public in case you are using the same words

bye