1753428 Members
4837 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Shared NIC for iLO2 on DL320G4?

SOLVED
Go to solution

Shared NIC for iLO2 on DL320G4?

Product info I read before purchasing a batch of ProLiant DL320G4's said iLO2 could be used via the server's NIC ("Shared Network Port") rather than requiring a separate network port and IP address. We bought based, in part, on that premise.

Now when trying to set up this feature, I can find no option to use Shared Network Port in the iLO2 admin control panel.

On the HP website I found additional docs that say, "The iLO 2 Shared Network Port is not available on all ProLiant servers with iLO 2. Check your system specification for details." The system specs I've been able to find do not clarify this issue.

iLO2 firmware is currently 1.01. Was the shared network port introduced in a later firmware revision or is the Shared Network Port *NOT* an option on the DL320G4?
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Yep, that's the info I read... "selected ProLiant models". What I'm trying to determine is if the DL320 G4 is among the list of "selected" models before flashing the firmware or altering the product in any way, because if not, we're sending them back.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

update firmware and try

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00553302/c00553302.pdf
Page 47

access to F8 and see if Option is available
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

If some links broke remove

Thanks. I was trying to sort this out, without having to flash any firmware or alter the product, just in case we end up sending this all back. I guess I'll do one server and report the results here, in case anyone else has the same question.

For anyone wondering if the DL320G4 has support for the iLO2 Shared Network Port, the answer is YES. Once I flashed the firmware to the current version (1.20) the option for the shared port became available.