1753441 Members
4787 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Shared storage

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Shared storage

I have built three CL1850,s with no problems. I nstalled the os on each of the nodes in the cl380 with shared storage off. then I set up shared storage on node then shut down node 1 and booted node2 to confirm both nodes could see the storage independantly. I then shut down node 2 booted node 1 and set up the cluster service (still having no problems). I rebooted node 1 and all the cluster services run fine. With node1 up i booted node2 and set up the cluster service (still having no problems)
I then shut done node1 to fail and node two could not see the shared storage. If i bring each node up seperately (standalone) the cluster works. If I try to bring up both nodes they fail at boot. all of the firmware and rompaqs are the latest as of 3/27/2002. SCSI Host ids are set to 6 for node1 and 7 for node two. Ive looked at all settings and no problems

Anyone know what gives
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Shared storage

Can you please provide some more information?
1. What OS?
2. What Service Pack?
3. Is the Customer Support Pack (CSP) installed?

Also, in response to your following comments, we have a couple of other questions.
"I rebooted node 1 and all the cluster services run fine. With node1 up i booted node2 and set up the cluster service (still having no problems)"
At this point everything seems to be up and running on both nodes. Can you perform a "Move Group" on the cluster groups to move them back and forth to each node?
Can the cluster groups be owned by either node or can only one node own all the cluster resources?

"If I try to bring up both nodes they fail at boot."
Where exactly does it fail? What is the failure message?

Thing to Check:
1. Make sure the drive letters for each logical volume are the same for each node.