1752780 Members
6504 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Shortcut to Launch Console in ILO 3 ? ProLiant DL380 G7

CoramDaes
Frequent Advisor

Shortcut to Launch Console in ILO 3 ? ProLiant DL380 G7

I was wondering how you would create a script or a shortcut that would take you directly to the Management Console/Window in Java without having to go through the process of logging in to ILO (1..93) every time and load it from there?

I realize this may present potential security issues if it involves saving the password in a cmd file or something like that but my usage is strictly internal on private computers inside my non connected soho network.

CLI is the lack of UI...
6 REPLIES 6
AmRa
HPE Pro

If you are looking for iLO Remote Console to be accessed directly without login to iLO web console.

You can install HPE Lights-Out Standalone Remote Console utility for Windows to achieve the same.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_bc8e3ffa59904ec3b505d9964d

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
CoramDaes
Frequent Advisor

Hum, excellent, but there seem to be some werd issue...

I try this cmd line from the application folder

HPLOCONS.exe тАУaddr 192.168.1.236[:http] тАУname my_admin тАУpassword my_password тАУlang en

but it is a bit unclear on the syntax for the address, could you post an example? I tried several variations but typically it throws me an error like:

image.png

I tried saving the cmd both as utf-8 and ANSI

CLI is the lack of UI...
AmRa
HPE Pro

This is exe file which you have to install on Windows machine, later run this utility and it will propmt you to input iLO user name and password.

Once you input iLO user name and password you can access iLO remote conolse.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
CoramDaes
Frequent Advisor

Well, that was not what I was asking for in any way shape or form...

CLI is the lack of UI...
AmRa
HPE Pro

If you want to run from command line then try below command,  It will open iLO remote consle in new windows.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Hewlett Packard Enterprise>"HPE iLO Integrated Remote Console.lnk" -addr [iLO IP Address] -name Administrator -password Password -lang en

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo
AmRa
HPE Pro

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this topic

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo