ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753719 Members
5878 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Single Endend Scsi Device.

Daniel J. Navas

Single Endend Scsi Device.

Tengo un Proliant ML 570 y un VXA PacketLoader que me dice que no puede estar como unico dispositivo en SE (single ended) scsi. El problema es que solo tengo ese dispositivo y necesito conectarlo en el scsi trasero del proliant.

Alguien sabe que puedo hacer para que el Proliant reconozca al VXA? o seria imposible modificar el Scsi del Proliant para que el VXA y su terminador no dieran problemas?.

Gracias de Antemano.
7 REPLIES 7
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hola Daniel,

¿Usted habla inglés?
Fije por favor su pregunta en inglés !

Gracias,
James.

Hello Daniel,
Do you Speak English ?
PLEASE post your query in English !

Thanks,
James.
Daniel J. Navas

Yes i can explain it in english.

I have a VXA Packetloader a Storage Device from fujitsu, in the manual it says that cant be connected alone in as a sigle-end device. I am connecting it at the scsi port on the back of the proliant. The VXD is LVD the terminator on it confirms that is LVD with a red led.

But the Proliant is not seeing the VXA. Maybe becouse it is alone at that port. The VXA manual says:

" Note: Although Ultra-2 and ltra-3 LVD SCSI are compatible with single-ended SCSI, Exabyte does not support using the LVD autoloader on a single-ended SCSI bus.".

So i want to know if there is any way to change the config of the scsi port of the proliant to solve the problem.

I hope to have explained it good, but please if anyone do not understand anything i can try to do it better.

Thanks.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Daniel,

I checked through there web, I can only conclude that this product has a FIREWIRE interface; I would not know how this is compatible with a SCSI interface;

However, you may refer:
http://www.google.com/search?q=firewire+scsi+converter&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIN243IN244&aq=t
& get a convertor;

Regards,
James.
Daniel J. Navas

Thanks Sujith James.

That's not the problem, the Firewire is optional and i dont have it purchased with the autoloader.

The product is this one:

http://www.exabyte.com/products/products/get_products.cfm?prod_id=500

And the technical specifications:

http://www.exabyte.com/products/products/specifications.cfm?id=500

As you can see it says SCSI LVD.

Thanks for the answer but as i say at the begining thats not the problen and cant solve it with an adaptor for a port that my device dont have.

Thanks for your time and asnwer anyway.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Yes, I see now;

Sorry, I am not aware of such a settings for SCSI ports; May be someone else knows about it;

;)

James.
e4services
Honored Contributor

Best solution: add an additional SCSI card to the system for the tape and use a cable with a terminator.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Daniel J. Navas

Yes can be a way, but i need to know if the external scsi port of the proliant ML 570 G3/3.0 is compatible With the VXA or not. Because if it is compatible is a configuratión problem, and if it is not compatible then i need new hardware to solve the problem.

Thanks