New Discussion юеВ

Re: Slow file copy speed in one direction on DL380 G5

SOLVED
Go to solution
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

let me link some MS articles that maybe can help to get a whole idea about these issues

Regarding RSS and disable it - I added here because it refers Firewall

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927695/

this other one has different scenarios that I think you can try just to check one of them apply for those servers

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936594

and there is another article that refers something you already did

"""Windows Server 2003 Scalable Networking Pack open issues Third-party firewall vendors cannot connect to the Windows networking stack by using undocumented APIs when TCP Chimney offload is enabled.

TCP/IP statistics that are obtained from offload-capable hardware will be double counted if the following conditions are true:
├в ┬вThe TCP Chimney offload functionality is turned off by using the EnableTCPChimney registry entry.
├в ┬вThe TCP Chimney offload functionality is turned off by using the Netsh int ip set chimney DISABLED command
"""

this is a long one
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912222/

I think I'm going to print those out

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Tech-To-Tech

Nelson, did you have any issue with the FW prior applying SP2? Also, make sure that you have the server in a Gigabit port on the switch as well as the FW. BTW, what kind of FW do you have?
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Karlo - thanks for the suggestions. I had already tried all those steps including installing the hotfix listed in the one MS KB article.

Tech-to-Tech - the servers are built from an image with SP2 already installed. Since we have a volume licensing agreement with MS, we have access to the 2003 CDs with SP2 slipstreamed into the OS - I don't even think I have the option to uninstall SP2 when it is slipstreamed.

I do not know what type of FW we have and I am not sure our security team would appreciate me broadcasting that info anyways - sorry :)

Thanks
Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

DING DING DING - we have a solution!

External interface on the FW was misconfigured for 100/Half instead of 100/Full. Not sure why this would only affect traffic in one direction and not the other, but it did.

That's 8 hours of server troubleshooting I will never get back.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

First problem
Run this on the server:
Netsh int ip set chimney DISABLED

Second problem
Never assume coworkers configured their part of the equation properly AND never believe them the first two times you ASK them if everything is configured properly; ask them a THIRD time :)