Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow one-way file copying on ProLiant using NC375i Quad -port NIC

Hans-Eirik Weierud
Occasional Visitor

Slow one-way file copying on ProLiant using NC375i Quad -port NIC

Scenario;

a small network having 10 clients, 9 running Windows 7 pro x64, 1 running WinXP pro x86, and one server, running win server 2008 x64. The network is cabled through a Cisco 2960 switch.

When copying files between the clients, and when copying files from server to clients the speed is as supposed (nearly 12MB / sec in our 100mbit network).

When copying from any client to the server, the speed is starting at 256kbps and slowing down..

Every client is patched with all current windows updates, the clients are brand new, both server and switch are set to "auto" both on speed and duplex, though I've tested a force 100mbit/full without noticable change in speed.

I've tried some other things too, mostly clientside, as disabling remote differential compression etc.

Please, if anyone have any idea how to resolve this, contact me urgently.

I am probably in need of a checklist or methodology to check all settings that apply to this condition..
1 REPLY
Andreas Summer
Occasional Visitor

Re: Slow one-way file copying on ProLiant using NC375i Quad -port NIC

Hello Hans-Eirik,

please disable Large Receive Offloading (LRO). This should speed up your performance. We already opened a support call to get a official fix.