Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower Perfomance

pcmedic
Occasional Visitor

Slower Perfomance

I have 2 servers:

1. DL380, Intel Xeon 3.6ghz, 10gb ddr2 400mhz mem, 2 arrays c:(2x146 raid 1+0) and d:(4x146 raid 5) w/array accelerator.

2. DL385, AMD Opteron 280, 8gb ddr 400mhz mem, 2 arrays c:(2x146 raid 1+0) and d:(4x146 raid 5) w/array accelerator.

I am experiencing slower file copy times between drives on the DL385. Why is this? Should this be? Is something wrong?
3 REPLIES
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Slower Perfomance

Hi,

Any test's performed by you so far on the server?

Check the PAT(Peformace Assitance Tool) or L&TT(Which give you option to check the system performace by running Test on the oyou HDD.

Where performce is low from server to server then a lot more thing need to check like switch/nic settings/ memory/ disk I/O processor utilization.
So check with each components one by one like cross cable to rule out switch issue. and other more thing.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
pcmedic
Occasional Visitor

The only test has been copying files from C: to D: on each machine. No cross machine copying.

Where do I find the PAT?
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

check this link for pat
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=42846&prodNameId=327053&swEnvOID=226&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co557en

it's avable when you select any tape drive from driver site like dat12/24 then os it will give you the option.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible