1748280 Members
3758 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array 3200 Configuration

Eric Wong_8

Smart Array 3200 Configuration

Hello:

We recently purcchased several used Proliant 1850L with Smart Array 3200. Looks like the controllers were previously configured to use 4 drives, but we only got 2 drives in each of our machine.

Since we don't have a copy of the SmartStart CD, is there a way for me to reconfigure the the array controllers through a BIOS interface or bootable floppy? I tried using the 4-floppy system configuration set, but it keeps asking for the Drive Array Config disk when I tried to get into Array Config menu. & I can't find the Drive Array Config diskette on HP site.

TIA
Eric
3 REPLIES 3
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

You can download the ACU (Array Configuration Utility) from http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14185.html
Eric Wong_8

Frank:

Thanks for your advice, however, that package seems to work only when you have a working Windows environment. Our problem is we can't get the system to boot pass the Smart Array Screen. It offers F1 & F2 options. In both cases, it disables the remaining drives, which leaves Windows Setup with no hard drive to install.

Do you know if there is a bootable floppy type of setup I can download to configure the array controller?

Thanks,
e
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Eric,
You would need the Smart Start CD for sure. You can order it by calling 1-800-573-1099. The folks are pretty prompt and you get it the next day.

Regards,