1753253 Members
4012 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart Array 3200 Controller

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Smart Array 3200 Controller

Hi, I have installed a Smart Array 3200 Controller on the second slot, and each time I boot up my server, the SCSI find my logical drive but also writes a No SCSI devices Detected' and the server stops with prompting me to press F1 key to continue or F10 key to access the System Partition Utilities.
So, each time I boot the machine, I have to press the F1 key in order to continue booting. Is it normal ?
Is it due to the fact that I installed my controller on the Slot 2 and not the first one ?
Do I have to disable the integrated SCSI controller and where I have to do that ?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Smart Array 3200 Controller

That "No SCSI Device Detected" is NOT from the array controller. It's from the embedded SCSI card and it's normal if you do NOT have a drive attached to that one...

The F1/F10 prompt is probably due to an incomplete or incorrect configuration so go through setup and make absolutely sure you actually do save changes.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The confguration settings allow you to determine the boot order, and if the boot order is set on the onboard SCSI to 1 and the Array to 2 it will by default try and boot from the onboard SCSI. When you run config you can accept the settings or review and modify, go into review and modify and check the boot order (under each controller settings) of the SCSI devices
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Have you Installed compaq utilities and compaq smartstart and support software, came with the server(It is pretty handy).
Follow the following steps to disable F1 prompt. The F1 key comes up when you have any problem with the configuration of your machine. It informs you with the problems.
1. Press F10 when prompted
2. Press Enter
3. Select system configuration
4. Press CTRL A to go to advance mode
5. Press enter
6. Select system configuration
7. Select configure hardware
8. Select review or modify hardware settings
9. Select view or edit details
10. Go to Advanced Features
11. Select F1 Boot Prompt
12. Press enter