ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752533 Members
5255 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Smart Array 6400 Battery replacement

Steve Brook_1

Smart Array 6400 Battery replacement

is there anything that needs to be reset after replacing the smart array battery. I have replaced one but the compaq agents still say it needs replacing.
6 REPLIES 6
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Well try to install the poliant support pack then check again. Check with ADU what is the status of the SA on the server.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Clear the NVRAM from the RBSU and see if the error goes away; there are two batteries on the SA6400 did you try to swap them. Also I believe there is some kind of incompatibility between the agents and the SA6400. Do you get the error on POST? If you donâ t get the error on POST if could indicate a false indication by the agents/Insight manager. Also check the IML for the err
There’s your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I don't know how the batteries look like on the 6400, but on some controllers you need to wait some time before you connect the new battery. This is supposed to reset the charger electronic.
Duncan_24

There is evidently a bug in the firmware of this card that persistently reports the battery as failed.

We ignore this message at the moment.
Robert_266
Occasional Contributor

I reported this problem in the forum back in March. We too have seen this problem and still do not have a solid fix. Even today, we installed a new ML370G3 a week ago and now have a failed battery report from insight on the 6400 that was installed in slot 1. We upgraded the firmware and drivers and still have the error. Replacing the battery does not seem to fix the problem.
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

It should be resolved after you upgraded to firmware 2.26 and wait untill battery is charged.

Leon