cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Array 6400 Controller error

donkarnash_1
Frequent Advisor

Smart Array 6400 Controller error

Hi I ahev ML570 G3 server running Windows 2003 server SP1. I did the insite diagnostics and got the following error:
POST Post Error
Severity Caution
Count 2
initialUpdate 9/11/2006 13:32
Message 1785-Drive Array not Configured
Error 85
lastUpdate 9/11/2006 13:59
I found in couple of posts that it might be the array controller battery not getting charged. Has anyone got any idea. Thanks inadvance.
3 REPLIES
nurascorpio
Regular Advisor

Re: Smart Array 6400 Controller error

Hi,

If this message comes up during POST its better to get the SCSI Backplane reseated since this error occurs if the connectivity between the hard drives and the backplane is lost.

Errors related to battery issues can be resolve by getting the firmware upgraded for the controller and letting the battery to be charged for the next 48-72 hours.

Regards
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello donkarnash,

Infomation about 1785 error:

1785-Slot X Drive Array Not Configured...
(followed by one of the following):
...(1) Run Array Configuration Utility
(2) No drives detected
(3) Drive positions appear to have changed â Run Drive Array Advanced Diagnostics if previous positions are
unknown. Then turn system power OFF and move drives to their original positions.
(4) Configuration information indicates drive positions beyond the capability of this controller. This may be due to
drive movement from a controller that supports more drives than the current controller.
(5) Configuration information indicates drives were configured on a controller with a newer firmware version.
Audible Beeps: None
Possible Cause: Drive array configuration not detected.
Action:
â ¢ Run ACU ("Array Configuration Utility").
â ¢ Power down the system and check SCSI cable connections to be sure the drives are connected properly.
â ¢ Run ADU ("Array Diagnostic Utility") if previous positions are unknown. Then, turn the
system power off and move the drives to their original positions.
â ¢ To avoid data loss, update the controller firmware to the same or later version on the original controller ("Firmware maintenance").

1.Is the controller,disks and any logical volume detected during POST?
2.Can you access the SA 6400 BIOS by pressing F8 ORCA?
3.Front panel led status?

SRH
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

quote( donkarnash):
I found in couple of posts that it might be the array controller battery not getting charged. Has anyone got any idea. Thanks inadvance.

need to upgrade to (minimum Version 2.48) to fix the FW Bug ( batteries not charging )
wait about 8h for full charging the batteries

Revision History can be found here --> http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/revision/7717.html

FW can be found here -->
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/locate/69_5618.html

Cheers
Mike