ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751897 Members
5192 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array 6400 Reports False Battery Failure

CA1294709

Smart Array 6400 Reports False Battery Failure

There is a known fix which I have applied to a server that has displayed the problem with the solution provided by Cust Advisory EX040528_CW01. The problem has been exhibited on almost all our HP servers.
After restarting the battery now indicates recharging - problem is this has been going on for a week at least.
Any advice would be welcome..
4 REPLIES 4
Steve williams_4

I had the same problem this had to update the firmware to at least 2.34. When I checked mine was 1.92. Problem eliminated good luck, Go to link below
Steve

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EX040528_CW01
CA1294709

I have already updated firmware to 2.34 as per the Advisory.

Thank you for your reply.
Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

Hi folks,

I'm running oracle finance on the server and there is no risk of something stop working after the firmware upgrades?

regards.

NC/ 

Graeme Murray

We're having the exact same problem on an ML350 G4p with an SA6402 RAID Controller - running firmware v2.84b with all the latest motherboard, drive, controller firmware and drivers.

We have replaced the batteries on the controller and still get the same error during POST.  We note that only "Battery 2" is showing as Failed - "Battery 1" is shown as "OK" - how do we know which battery is which? Is "Battery 2" th ebattery on the Cache Module or the Controller?

Regards

Graeme