cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Array 641 repetative problems

Mohammed Maqableh
Occasional Contributor

Smart Array 641 repetative problems

Smart Array 641 is installed on ML350G4 server displays 2 error messages during boot ( Not all times ) that states that the cashe battry is low and array accelerator is disabled Or that a physical disk is replaced and the logical drive is disabled. note that there is no problem with cashe battrey and i replace it with awell known good one, Also not that none of the disks has failed or replaced. I hadraise the virmware of all of the srver components including the smart array 641 was raised to version 2.48 as recomended by HP. the problem solved but appears again after few days, Know i found a newer version which is 2.58 and i use it to update the firmwarwe of the 641 controller. But still i am not sure if this will solve the problem or no.
If it appears again my next step will be replacing the smart array controller.

Please if any one can advise.
3 REPLIES
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Re: Smart Array 641 repetative problems

I would suggest to replace the battery again before replacing the array controller.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Update firmware, reset all connectors and controller and take two day's
If no luck; take advice from Raj as first step.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I think the worse problem is the one about a drive missing, then showing up again. This server has a split backplane and if the cable joining the two sides of the drive cage is loose, then you may get the type of error you're getting concerning the drive.

Has the server been powered on the whole time? If the server is brought down and unplugged, it will cause the battery to lose charge.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..