ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753502 Members
4885 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array Accelerator Failure

Michael1971

Smart Array Accelerator Failure

Can anyone tell me what's up with a smart array accelerator failure that's now in a TEMP DISABLED state because of a BATTERY FAILURE? At least that's what it says using the HP insight software. Well, if you ever or have had similar information regarding this problem, please let me know. Thanks, I appreciate it!
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor

Hi Michael

You should find that only the write cache will be disabled.

The purpose of the write cache is to queue and pool disk writes to disk in order to speed up the processing. A battery is added to this so that any queued writes will be stored in case of a power outage and completed when power is restored. This minimizes corruption on the disk.

However when the cache battery runs flat the card cannot guarantee the data so it disables that functionality. However read chaching should still be enabled depending on whether it is configured on the controller.

There is a known issue on some controllers with older firmware that the batteries do not recharge properly.

HTH

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes
ovaisrehman
Occasional Contributor

First try to upgrade the firmware and if problem remains same then you have to replace the battery module of the contrller
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Kindly go through from below Link. It is a customer notice for the same.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=PSD_CN0818W&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Thnx
Bhavnish Kamboj
Everything is Possible+++
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Hi Michael,

Remember to assign poins if you got what u want.

Bhavnish
Everything is Possible+++