ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753797 Members
7283 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Smart Array B110i SATA RAID : How to get notified on a hard disk drive failure ?

fvaliquette
Occasional Visitor

Smart Array B110i SATA RAID : How to get notified on a hard disk drive failure ?

Hi,

We bought a ML150 that comes with 1 Smart Array B110i SATA RAID. We installed Hyper-V stand alone version ( free version) successfully.

Now I'm wondering if one of our hard drive fails, how will we be noticed ?

Must I setup a special software ?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
MisoVranes
Occasional Contributor

Re: Smart Array B110i SATA RAID : How to get notified on a hard disk drive failure ?

SA B110i is non hot plug controller. To use hot plug functionality you shoud have hot plug disks and hot plug backplane. Check what type of these you have. Also for B110i you must purchase aditional license for hot plug functionality for this controller. To manage B110i you need to install HP Smart Array onfiguration Utility. Last version I used for B110i was 8.70 and it worked fine.

fvaliquette
Occasional Visitor

Re: Smart Array B110i SATA RAID : How to get notified on a hard disk drive failure ?

Hi,

We are not interested with the hot-plug feature. We just want to be notified when one of your RAID hard drive fails so we can change the defective one.

We are using a light version of Windows 2008. It is the one that comes for free with Hyper-V.

Thank you

Michael_G

I'd like to know this, as well.

CRidgley
Occasional Advisor

Links for info on remote monitoring software from HP

HP Insight Remote Support Software

HP Insight Remote Support Standard Software

If you install and configure the software it can email you when a warning or error occurs. Cost: NONE

Link to the page for downloading the software:

Insight Remote Support Solutions

CRidgley