ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752790 Members
6124 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Smart Array B110i SATA RAID disk to port question?

RickD1
Visitor

Smart Array B110i SATA RAID disk to port question?

I have a ML server with a built in B110i controller.

I tried to replace a disk that went bad and all kind of bad happened.  I assumed that port 3i box 1 bay 3 was the third SATA device.  

I need to know for sure what disk goes to wich SATA controller port to get a disk replaced.  I attached snippet from the Array config utility.

Thanks ahead of time!

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Array B110i SATA RAID disk to port question?

What HP ProLiant ML server model - HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID controller equipped - do you have exactly?

Typically the Drive Cage hosts four vertical LFF slots (for 3,5" HDD), those slots are numbered from 1 to 4, from left to right...that order should reflect the drives' order as shown by the RAID Controller.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
RickD1
Visitor

Re: Smart Array B110i SATA RAID disk to port question?

It's the ML150G6 Series, part number 518174-005

There are no hot swap drive bays in this system, there are SATA cables from the drive to the MB only. 

I have orderd the repalcement drive but now need to figure out what drive on what SATA port is bad from the following.

"Smart Array B110i SATA RAID in Embedded Slot : Physical Drive (0 MB SATA) 3I:1:3 The physical drive has failed."

What SATA port is 3I:1:3? 

If I pull the wrong drive i'm jacked!  I would love to have a spot for a hot swap but it looks like only 4 of the ports can do RAID.

I have attached the report from the controller.