ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Array B110i SATA RAID disk to port question?

RickD1
Visitor

Smart Array B110i SATA RAID disk to port question?

I have a ML server with a built in B110i controller.

I tried to replace a disk that went bad and all kind of bad happened.  I assumed that port 3i box 1 bay 3 was the third SATA device.  

I need to know for sure what disk goes to wich SATA controller port to get a disk replaced.  I attached snippet from the Array config utility.

Thanks ahead of time!

2 REPLIES
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Array B110i SATA RAID disk to port question?

What HP ProLiant ML server model - HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID controller equipped - do you have exactly?

Typically the Drive Cage hosts four vertical LFF slots (for 3,5" HDD), those slots are numbered from 1 to 4, from left to right...that order should reflect the drives' order as shown by the RAID Controller.

RickD1
Visitor

Re: Smart Array B110i SATA RAID disk to port question?

It's the ML150G6 Series, part number 518174-005

There are no hot swap drive bays in this system, there are SATA cables from the drive to the MB only. 

I have orderd the repalcement drive but now need to figure out what drive on what SATA port is bad from the following.

"Smart Array B110i SATA RAID in Embedded Slot : Physical Drive (0 MB SATA) 3I:1:3 The physical drive has failed."

What SATA port is 3I:1:3? 

If I pull the wrong drive i'm jacked!  I would love to have a spot for a hot swap but it looks like only 4 of the ports can do RAID.

I have attached the report from the controller.