cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Array CL driver.

Shane Delmore
Occasional Contributor

Smart Array CL driver.

I just took a hard drive out of my old DL380 G3 and installed it in my new DL585. Upon startup all devices were recognized with the exception of device manager asking me for a driver for "Smart Array CL". I had it automatically search local and windows update and it could not find the driver. I looked through the drivers on HP's website and while I found many different Smart Array drivers none of them were for a Smart Array CL. Can anyone point me to the correct driver?
3 REPLIES
Shane Delmore
Occasional Contributor

Re: Smart Array CL driver.

I'm unable to pull up the MSA500 support matrix pdf (it says it's a bad link) but maybe my problem is that the DL380 had a Smart Array 532 controller and the new DL585 has a LSI Adapter? I thought all it needed was Ultra320 support but maybe Compaq did something proprietary here?
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Shane,

If it was a LSI adapter, the server woul'nt even boot perhaps.DL585 has a smart array 5i plus.
Since the cciss driver happens to be the same for both the 5i and 532(DL380) controllers, the server came up ok.
I guess it may be the MSA500 controller driver causing this.

Is there a unknown device in Device Manager?
Can you remove/disable and see if it makes a difference?

SRH
Shane Delmore
Occasional Contributor

I just got back from my datacenter, there was a SA5i internally but that was no use in connecting to the MSA500 I use to store database files. I removed the LSI adapter and installed the SA532 from my old DL380 and was able to communicate with the MSA500 properly.