ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752798 Members
5603 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array Controller 5i - The cache for this controller is not configured

Darin Kirwan

Smart Array Controller 5i - The cache for this controller is not configured

Hello. I have a Proliant DL380G3 server with a SmartArray 5i controller. When I run ADU it tells me that "The cache for this controller is not configured".

Does anyone know where to configure this option for this controller? I've checked in the ACU but I can't see anything there. I'm running firmware revision 2.84

Many thanks.
Darin.
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00677894/c00677894.pdf

First check the battery status. Look on page 1-3 of the above document. If the battery is not there, or disconnected or not charged or failed, the cache meory functionality is disabled.
If the battery is OK, then look on page 7-9 at the controller Settings and see if the cache settings are in there.
Darin Kirwan

Many thanks. I'll take a look
aalacn

I have this exact same error. It does not look like the document yielded anything past what you and I have looked at, as we have already checked ACU and ADU. Have you had any progress on this?

Thanks,
Andrew
Darin Kirwan

Like you I didn't find the document any use for my particular issue. If you make any progress could you post your findings here.

Many thanks.