ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753479 Members
4866 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart Array Controller Driver installation

Walter Perewernycky

Smart Array Controller Driver installation

We have 2 ML370s - one with a 5300 array controller, second with a 5i controller. Able to swap hard drives (RAID5) from 5300 to 5i, but not reverse - blue screen starting Win2000 server. Obviously the 5300 driver is compatible with the 5i controller but not the other way around. Does anyone know a way to install Win2000 drivers for the 5300 after the drives have been relocated to a ML370 with a 5300 controller from a machine that ran with a 5i controller ?
2 REPLIES 2
Jon_75

Re: Smart Array Controller Driver installation

Have you tried to simply install the controller but not switch over the drives?
Once the controller is installed, install the drivers for the 5300. Attach some external drive to see if it works (e.g. driver). Once the OS can see both controllers and all drives, you should be able to move it to another server as the drivers would detect/not detect the appropiate controllers.

-Jon
It takes longer to complain about a piece of garbage on the floor than to just pick the damn thing up and throw it away.
Walter Perewernycky

Re: Smart Array Controller Driver installation

Jon,
Thanks for your response. We finally decided to reinstall Win200 os. During this setup, not repair, it detected the previous installation, and prompted if another driver for the RAID controller needed to be installed. After the reboot, the correct driver was used for the RAID system, and all other programs/setting/drivers were maintained.
Walter